Thursday, June 17, 2010

Grunewald Guild........ I miss not being able to go this year.


This time last year I was getting ready to go to Grunewald Guild in the Cascade Mts. of Washington State. It is an art and spirituality retreat, and I took two classes. One on Mandelas and one on Art and Spirituality. It was soooo wonderful I was going to go back this year for 3 weeks on staff, which meant for a little work I got my classes and everything else free. Well, alas things often changed. I needed to retire from teaching, I got the job at PetsMart, and so here I am still in Missouri for the summer.

I will return again though. There were two 87 year old women there when I was and they came every year. It was a wonderful way to spend my 60th birthday and was my gift to myself. I hope I don't have to wait to0 long to go again












t






9 comments:

  1. i do hope you'll be able to go back next year; in the meantime, re-visit what you gleaned from your last stay :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you will definately return as soon as you can! Sounds like heaven there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Julie and Lisa, yes, it was wonderful there. I have promised myself somehow I will return. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds so wonderful. I'd love to do an artists retreat sometime... It's on my "someday" list. I love the fruit painting below!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is not something that will make you feel so happy. I wish you could have gone. Dogs are wonderful but the ones you are teaching are not yours and they aren't art either. My sister says her work hours have just been shortened a bit and she has thought about getting her paints out but that is as far as it went. Sometimes you are just too tired and down from things to do much. Hope it all smooths out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have patients, dear sister, you will get to go back, you just have to believe that God, at the present time, has other things for you to do. But he will get you back there when the time is right.

    Brother

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi martha! i'm sorry that life is interfering and keeping you from the retreat this year.....it sounds like a fabulous place!! i hope you have a great weekend! xox, :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh darn, don't you hate when things like this happen? This looks like a wonderful retreat and I can see why you would want to go back. Hope you get to go next year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks and sounds like a fabulous place. Next year will be even better since you missed this year.

    ReplyDelete