Thursday, May 27, 2010

EDM # 19 Draw something you made.



I have two sisters and a brother. I am in the middle.

When my first son was born in Nov. 1980, my older sister had just had her 3rd daughter the July before. Then, my younger sister in February 1981 had their first son. Needless to say the three were kind of raised like triplets when they were small. When my younger sister had her second son on April Fools Day 1985, I next had my second son on May 9th 1985. I brought him home from the hospital on Mother's Day.

Well, since we all lived in the same town we grew up in, and my parent's also lived there, Christmas was a big deal. One Christmas I decided to paint sweatshirts with Santa Claus heads on them for the 5 youngest grandchildren.

The pictures below will show you a re-creation of the Santa Head, and a picture taken Christmas Day at our parent's with the kids all decked out in their shirts.







3 comments:

  1. Ah yes I remember that Christmas
    Brother

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Love your new header photo!!! When I was a kid, my Dad would take all us 3 kids out to a wooded area and we would get this same kind of long-needled pine. We decorated styrofoam balls with sequins to stick (literally) on the tree. We would stick a pine needle right ihto our ball and it would hang. We had the ugliest (I'm just sure of it) tree in the neighborhood...all of our friends must have really wondered about us!!! LOL. But it was the most loved and heartfelt, by far! Fond, fond memories!!!

    ReplyDelete