Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Dog Obedience Training is taking away from my Art Time.


"I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that."
~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

It is a real experience going from teaching Art to children to teaching dog obedience to dogs and their adult/children pet parents. What fun it is though. Soooo alas my art is suffering some, since I am so tired by the time I get home from work at PetsMart.

This is what has been taking up most of the hours of my days lately. Being a Dog Obedience Trainer. I am very new at it, but, I love it already.

The dog below and to the right is my dog Max. He is a rescue and I am nuts about him. The Westie looking puppy at the bottom is my sisters Westie Raleigh. I had one about ten years ago named Winston.






I am still not very good at putting pictures and words together in my blogs, but, I am sure somewhere down the road I will be better. Meanwhile bear with me. !!

6 comments:

  1. Teaching is rewarding but when it involves animals I think it is double fun!
    So good you are learning new skills!
    Nothing wrong with the pics on your blog.
    After a few years I still have trouble getting them in the right order, I always do them random ;)
    Your Max looks so cute!!!!No wonder you are nuts about him!

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Marianne! Good for you for learning new skills and trying new things! We'll be here when things slow down!!

    Do hope you find some art time soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If we quit learning, we stagnate, if we stagnate we grow tired, If we grow tired we quit.

    Therefore never quit, and never quit learning.

    Brother

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw a Spaniel on your site when i visited Marianne(my dearest Friend since 45 years)and now I see you have a Max my Spaniel called Max also, I miss him dearly.
    By the way great pics.
    Greetings,Marja

    ReplyDelete
  5. What sweet little dogs! I can see how they take time away from the art. I know, being a mom to 6 kitties!
    I look forward to seeing more art when you get to it ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute doggies!!! How fun to have such a cool second career!!!

    ReplyDelete