Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Spring a true work of art. . . . . .

The true work of art is but a shadow of the divine perfection.
Michelangelo


Below are some works of God's art. Spring is finally arriving, and the flowers are beginning to peek out. I took my camera out and began collecting a few pictures, and also put in a few I had taken in the past.

The two most beautiful things in my life I have created are my two sons Scott and Andrew. They are 29 and 24 respectfully. They have turned out to be wonderful young men with their own special talents and traits.

Andrew the artist is creative, philosophical ( The the degree in Philosophy for Loyola of Chicago being true) and somewhat of a doer of a little bit of everything.

Scott the oldest is the most caring soul I believe I have ever known. He is sweet, kind, and would be devastated is he ever hurt anyone. I am so glad he has found someone to love and spend the rest of his life with. Congratulation Scott and Erika.

Now, back to spring. I think spring brings out art in all of us. Spring makes us see the true works of divine art. That is the art that is created by God. Perfect in every way. The signs of this are every spring when those blooms begin to peek their heads up out of the ground, after surviving the bleakness of winter and being covered in snow for such a long time.

No wonder Spring is considered a resurrection of sorts. Like Christ's being raised from the dead, out of the dead cold winter comes all the bountiful beauty of spring. Spring in all of its wonderful colors, shapes, smells and beauty. Maybe this new beginning after a long cold spell is what activates again our creative juices once more. . Inspires us to get out and capture it on paper.

The first picture above is of another of two of God's perfect creations. My precious great niece and nephew McKenna 1 and Troy 3. They have blessed the lives of everyone in our family, and I am sure will continue to do so always.

I hope spring is becoming a time of new awakening for you, your art, and those you love and care for.

Enjoy the day, smell the flowers, care for those you love. Life is so very short. We often
forget that.










4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics for a gorgeous spring day, Martha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always you do find the spirit of life in everything you look at or touch, you are a beautiful woman.
    brother

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post! You (we) have so much to be thankful for ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This ia a great post - I too love spring and particularly the pictures of Troy and McKenna. Lv. MM

    ReplyDelete